The great outdoors is waiting for you! Check out the Veteran Friendly resources below to make the most of your recreation experience.

Branson Veterans Memorial Museum
This museum is located at: 1250 W Hwy 76 Country Blvd. Branson, MO 65616
Camp Hope
Camp Hope is a retreat for military veterans wounded in the War on Terror. The mission of Camp Hope is to honor the fallen by helping the wounded. They offer all expenses paid adventures and comradery on their property located in Farmington, MO.
Charlie 22 Outdoors
This organization provides outdoor activities to Veterans who are dealing with mental health issues.
Fishing for Freedom
This organization supports military service members and Veterans by offering an opportunity to fish at a weekend tournament.
KC Warriors Hockey Team
The Kansas City Warriors Hockey program is a 501(c)3, which provides therapeutic healing for disabled veterans.
Mid-American Veterans Museum
This Veterans museum is a "must see" venue, and is located in St. Charles County, Missouri.
Missouri’s National Veterans Memorial
This is located at: 1172 Veterans Memorial Pkwy, Perryville, MO 63775
Department of Conservation
The Missouri Conservation Commission and the Missouri Department of Conservation recognizes the contributions and sacrifices made by Veterans and active-duty military and has approved many benefits for active-duty military and Veterans. Follow the link to see the permit exemptions, specific events, and many opportunities offered by the Department to help you access the great outdoors.
CSR 10-5,205 (0) of the Wildlife Code of Missouri states: "Any honorably discharged military veteran having a service-related disability of sixty-percent ( 60%) or greater, or who was a prisoner of war during military service, may take fish, live bait, clams, mussels, turtles and frogs as provided in Chapter 6 without permit (except trout permit or daily tag in areas where prescribed), and may take wildlife as provided in Chapter 7 without permit (except deer and turkey hunting permits and the Migratory Bird Hunting permit and the Conservation Order Permit as prescribed); provided, while hunting or fishing s/he carries a certified statement of eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs." To acquire a wallet-sized carry card instead of carrying the letter you received from the VA, call (573) 522-4115 ext. 3290.
National Park Service
A free lifetime Military Pass is available for Gold Star Families and US military veterans. A free annual Military Pass is available for current US military members and their dependents. The passes provide free access to more than 2,000 federal recreation areas, including national parks, wildlife refuges, and forests.
Vet Tix
Vet Tix is a national nonprofit organization that provides free event tickets to give something to those who gave.