Please use our resources to help you find State benefits that you may be eligible for in Missouri. 

Department of Veterans Affairs
End-of-life planning provides surviving family members with peace of mind following their Veteran's death.
While planning a burial for a Veteran or Reservist, you can apply for certain memorial items to honor their military service. An eligible spouse or other family member buried in a national cemetery, or certain other Veterans or military cemeteries, may also qualify for a headstone or marker to identify the place of burial.
Domestic Violence Hotline
Their mission to transport America’s veterans to Washington, D.C. to visit the memorials dedicated to honor their service and sacrifices.
ESGR, a Department of Defense program, was established in 1972 to promote cooperation and understanding between Reserve Component Service members and their civilian employers and to assist in the resolution of conflicts arising from an employee's military commitment. For a workplace issue, conflict or question call the Customer Service Center to speak with a representative at 800-336-4590, Option 1.
US Grants
The US government and Missouri's office of finance has put in $13,568.00 million dollars in federal grants and $10,293.00 million dollars in other types of government financial assistance for citizens who reside in the state of Missouri. As long as you have a valid citizenship certificate (green card) or a permanent resident certificate, you could be eligible to apply and receive Missouri federal grants. Government financial aid in Missouri is distributed to different sectors, with the majority of the budget in business, education (pell & college grants), housing, veteran, and personal grants.
A variety of financial aid is available to help students and families pay for college. Grants and scholarships are awarded to students of all ages, and eligibility is based on many different factors including financial need, academic achievement, civic involvement, athletic ability, and other skills and interests.
Missouri National Guard
Veterans Awards
This website provides information on how Missouri National Guard Service Members/Veterans can receive medals and awards they have earned.
The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) does not issue service medals; that is a function of each military service department. Requests for the issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations and awards should be directed to the specific branch of the military in which the veteran served. This website explains how that process works and who you should contact.
Missouri National Guard
Missouri Military Funeral Honors
This website provides information about receiving Military Funeral Honors in our state. For more information, call (573) 638-9500 ext. 37142.
MO State Seal
The Archives holds many military records of Missourians who served in domestic and foreign wars between 1812 and World War I.
If you are a service member or family member of the Missouri Army National Guard (MOARNG), the Care Team can provide assistance with many matters in your life such as mental health, spiritual needs, financial needs, personal/professional counseling, and much more! This link provides contacts at MOARNG for all of those needs.
This website helps prior service Missouri Army National Guard personnel retrieve their service records and other documentation.
Department of Revenue has many programs to help military veterans in many capacities, the following links will help direct you to their services. For tax questions/assistance call (573) 751-4450.
The Missouri Department of Revenue has designated a “Military Liaison” to assist military personnel with questions about Missouri income tax, driver licenses, motor vehicle registrations, and other issues. Please call (816) 236-9440 and ask for the Department’s Military Liaison, or e-mail the Department at
MVC Logo
Jim Nugent
Information about benefits, interment services, pre-planning, scheduling of interments, and eligibility. Visit each cemetery link below for more individual information about that location.
Department of Conservation
The Missouri Conservation Commission and the Missouri Department of Conservation recognizes the contributions and sacrifices made by Veterans and active-duty military and has approved many benefits for active-duty military and Veterans. Follow the link to see the permit exemptions, specific events, and many opportunities offered by the Department to help you access the great outdoors.
CSR 10-5,205 (0) of the Wildlife Code of Missouri states: "Any honorably discharged military veteran having a service-related disability of sixty-percent ( 60%) or greater, or who was a prisoner of war during military service, may take fish, live bait, clams, mussels, turtles and frogs as provided in Chapter 6 without permit (except trout permit or daily tag in areas where prescribed), and may take wildlife as provided in Chapter 7 without permit (except deer and turkey hunting permits and the Migratory Bird Hunting permit and the Conservation Order Permit as prescribed); provided, while hunting or fishing s/he carries a certified statement of eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs." To acquire a wallet-sized carry card instead of carrying the letter you received from the VA, call (573) 522-4115 ext. 3290.
Mo Heroes Connect Programs and Supportive Services for the Military Community offers: Occupational Skills Training / ITAs On the Job Training Program Apprenticeships Supportive Services up to $1500 Financial assistance to families facing financial crisis from overdue bills Child care expenses related to pursue training and/or employment Transportation expenses to assist with transportation to training and/or employment
The Missouri legislature created Operation Recognition in September 2001 to provide honorary high school diplomas for Veterans and civilian prisoners of war (POWs) who left high school before graduation to serve in the military. Who is eligible for an honorary diploma?vAll civilian POWs who are residents or former residents of the state of Missouri and all honorably discharged Veterans who are residents or former residents of the state of Missouri who served in the United States military and who did not return to school and complete their education after their term of service shall be eligible to receive an honorary diploma. Family members may apply for the honorary diploma on behalf of a deceased Veteran.
Missouri’s Organ and Tissue Donor Registry is a confidential list of organ, tissue and eye donors maintained by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. You are not required to be on the registry to be a donor and can remove your name at any time. You may also amend or revoke your decision at any time. Placing your name on the registry means you consent to have your organs and tissues given to others upon your death. First-person consent makes your decision final unless revoked in a manner provided by law. If you would like to be on Missouri’s Organ and Tissue Donor Registry. For more information about this topic, contact Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services (DHSS) at (573) 522-2847.
Department of Defense (DoD)
SkillBridge Program, an opportunity for active-duty Service Members to gain valuable civilian work experience during their last 180 days of service. Managed by the Department of Defense (DoD), SkillBridge connects service members with private and public sector organizations that offer internship opportunities for transitioning Service Members to build their resumes, explore employment interests, develop job skills, and gain valuable Federal government work experience that will help them prepare for their adjustment to the workplace. Click into this link for more information about this program, to read FAQs, access their "contact us form", and more.
Department of Veterans Affairs
This website provides a list of all 50 state agencies, including those located in American Territories, that offer services similar to Missouri Veterans Commission.
WIC Eat Healthy, Stay Well
WIC Office
To improve the nutritional health status of financially eligible women, infants, and children in Missouri who are at nutritional risk by providing nutrition education, breastfeeding promotion and support, supplemental food, and referrals to health care.
Wounded Warrior Project
The focus and mission of this excellent organization is to serve Veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound while serving in the military on or after September 11, 2001. For more information, contact 877-TEAM-WWP.